About U.S. West Investments
With long-standing, old Nevada ties as well as years of commitment to community service and volunteering, our agents prove themselves to be devoted, caring, and active members of the Reno and Northern Nevada Community.
Bill Bertelson, Broker & Owner
Bill graduated from UNR in 1971 with a degree in Sociology and Psychology. He was hired by First National Bank of Nevada in Las Vegas in the appraisal department and then moved to Merrill Lynch as a stockbroker for 5 years. He moved back to Reno in 1977. At U.S. West Investments, Bill has been a licensed REALTOR®/ Broker in Reno and Northern Nevada since 1977, specializing in Residential Sales, Commercial Sales and Investments, Foreclosures, Short Sales and Property Management
He has also devotedly served the Reno community for decades. Some of Bill’s accomplishments include:
- Served on Board of Directors of Reno Family Counseling for Children
- Former President of Step 2 for Five Years, Which Helps Mothers with Drug & Alcohol Problems Successfully Complete Rehab so Families Will Not Be Torn Apart
- Member of the Reno Rodeo Association since the early 1990's
- Former President of the Reno Rodeo Association (2014)
- Former President of the Reno Rodeo Foundation, a 501(c)(3) Corp., dedicated to helping needy children of Northern Nevada. (For further information and to see how you can help, please visit: www.renorodeofoundation.org
Bill spent over ten years coaching youth baseball in Northern Nevada. He served for over 11 years in the Washoe County as Chairman for the Washoe County Regional Planning Commission and Chaired the Reno City Planning Commission for numerous years. Both of these gave Bill valued insight into the planning and development opportunities in raw land, which he has successfully used in the development of subdivisions and other properties. Bill was also on the Board of Directors for a statewide bank.
Bill Bowden, Agent
A Reno/Sparks native, Bill has been a full-time REALTOR® since 1982, and he has been with U.S. West Investments since 1992. He specializes in residential and commercial Real Estate, including leasing.
He attended local schools and graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno, in 1975 with a degree in finance. He worked in the Real Estate mortgage lending industry as a loan officer for five years before activating his Real Estate license.
In the community Bill has:
- Served Two Terms on the Washoe County School Board
- Was a Member of the Mt. Rose Kiwanis Club for 25 Years
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Nevada Waterfowl, Ducks Unlimited, and the Nevada Big Horns
- Served on the McQueen High School Boosters Club
- Is Serving on the Wooster High School Scholarship Board
Paul Kirchner, Agent
Paul has 28 years of experience in assisting clients in the buying and selling of homes and income properties in Northern Nevada.
He is a Reno native and a graduate of Reed High School. He is also a graduate of the University of Missouri. Paul has taught several Real Estate courses, both for his colleagues and the public.
In the community, he is a former Kiwanis Club President and a director of his family's scholarship program.
Sean Emo, Agent
Sean Emo Graduated from the University of San Francisco in 2005 with a business and finance degree. He started in Real Estate In California in 2005. He then moved to Reno and worked part-time in Property Management until 2012 when he became a full Nevada Real Estate Agent.
Sean Holds an active Nevada License in Real Estate and Property Management.
Contact us if you are looking for a particular type of home in Reno. We serve clients throughout the greater area, as well as the State of Nevada.